Who's the Worst Blogger in the World?

I think it's me. Certainly the laziest. But in my defense, I have started training for my new job, which does not leave me a lot of time to be blogging. You see, I had it all planned out: my hours are 3-11, so if I wake up by 10 a.m., I would get enough sleep, but still have at least 3 hours to accomplish something before I had to get ready for work. Now, I've managed the waking up part, which truly is something to be celebrated because anyone who knows me knows I love to sleep in. But by the time I make a coffee, breakfast, check my email, watch The View and What Not To Wear, I basically have to get ready for work. So the system has not been perfected yet.

So here's the recap of my life. On my first day of training, I was waiting in the lobby and I see this guy walk in who looks familiar. I sneak a few sidelong glances at him and realize it is my very first boyfriend, whom I have not seen in about 13 years. I dart outside to call one of my friends (she wasn't home), and he comes out and says, "I thought that was you...". The crazy part of this story was that I was just talking about him, wondering what had ever happened to him. Who would have thought that after a month-and-a-half together, then 13 years apart, we would end up in the same place? The funny thing is that when I was talking about him the few days before I saw him, I was telling my friend that the reason we broke up was technically because I was "square" (his words), but really because we had nothing to talk about (which was a problem that could not be overcome with making out a lot, since I was apparently so "square"). We chatted a bit, but I found that I still don't have much to say to him. And since I'm not interested in making out with him, I guess there's nowhere to go from here.

In other news, my trainer at work hates me. I've decided it's for one of 3 reasons:

1. She's a woman, so she's is totally immune to my charm
2. I ask her too many challenging questions. Every time I ask a question, she either says "We're going to cover that later" or "You don't really need to know that" or "Just follow what it says in the training guide". Which all translates to me as, "I hate you".
3. Because I'm black.

I really didn't want to have to pull the race card, but when in doubt... it's always right there for the picking. Anyway, I've made 2 friends and they totally see it too.

The worst part is that I really don't think I'm going to like this job too much. There are waaaaaay too many rules. They actually suggested that we buy timers so we don't exceed our break or lunch times. If I have to walk around with an egg timer on a lanyard, it's time to find a new job.

In other news, my driving instructor and I made up (read: he remembered he had to take me on lessons). Today we stopped at Tim Horton's and he tells me that he's trying to train himself to take his coffee black so he won't have to use so much cream and sugar. Then he says, "I guess I just have to get used to it. You know--Once you go black, you never go back!" Is he flirting, or is it just me?

sbg

4 comments:

High Power Rocketry said...

I am !

Anonymous said...

before i can even begin to respond to the latest SBG blog entry...
ALEX: you are immediately my favourite person right now. why? because "Crash and Burn" grace the image icon you are using. you know, they divorced because one fancied a tea kettle that whistled and the other did not. wow. my similarities to today's mother of a Benetton ad are without limit.

now... Greenery.
as you discovered, but did not realize in your visit to Horny Tims with your driving instructor, here's the challenge for your boss: bring her a black coffee and see how she responds. if she does not like it... wait, no... if she does not consume it, the next day bring her a French Vanilla cappuccino (read: what Chapelle and i might call "coffee drink"). if she loves it, the answer is obvious. anyway, her being threatened by your blatant superiority comes as no surprise. besides that, there ain't nothing a little punch in the face can't remedy.

"mess with the best... die like the rest."
xo. b

Anonymous said...

I'm in Marsha-blog withdrawal!!! Need another hit....nowwww...

Love, Beth

Anonymous said...

i can only guess that we really were supposed to vote on this. since every vote counts...

THE WORST BLOGGER IN THE WORLD BALLOT
(indicate your selection by placing an X in the box next to the candidate's name)

[ ] Maxine aka "Ah Wrote Dat"
[ ] Cracker
[ ] Kate aka "Red"
[X] Superblackgirl
[ ] Robot
[ ] The Bean

And the winner is...