I'm protesting titles right now*

I don’t have any really good excuses for not blogging, but let me give you a few bad ones I came up with:

1. I was actually trying to do a podcast instead of a blog, but it turns out that my technical savvy stops at programming the VCR. So I’m back to good old writing. Pass me the scroll and ink, please.

2. I have been extra busy because I now have to run band practice three times a week. Which means instead of getting home at 6 o’clock (ten and a half hours after I leave in the morning), I get home at 8:30 (thirteen hours after I leave the house in the morning, a.k.a. fourteen hours after I wake up in the morning). So I get a whopping hour and half to do whatever I want at home before I should be asleep for the next glorious day.

3. Nothing of note has happened.

What makes me laugh about this blog is that it has become yet another thing to make me feel guilty. As many of you know, I have a little guilt problem. For example, I started taking yoga on Wednesdays at lunch, but I don’t really like it. I am also taking Pilates on Tuesdays and Thursdays at lunch, and I really like it. So I want to quit yoga, but I feel guilty. I feel quilty because I don't want the teacher to think it’s her fault, since a bunch of us are quitting, and yet we are all continuing with Pilates. But the alternative is paying to do something I don’t want to do. Just like Chicken Little hair. I felt guilty to say, “Why is my hair grease mania?” and so I ended up paying money to look like David Spade in Joe Dirt. Anyway, the point is that I feel guilty when I’m not writing in the blog. That's why I make bad excuses.

It’s funny that I just wrote, “The point is…” because I’ve been saying that since I was twelve years old. Isn’t that crazy? Like I knew the point at twelve. My friends would always tease me because I said it all the time. And I didn’t even realize it until the grade 8 yearbook, when we had a section that listed everyone’s favourite saying and that was mine. When I think of things like that, I think I must have been a very obnoxious child.

Feeling guilty because this is so short,
sbg


*I don’t feel I can handle the added pressure of coming up with a title. I’m very fragile right now.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My withdrawal is over...THANK YOU!

McKinley said...

Blogging is fucking hard work! Don't beat yourself up about it. Look at me all "5 posts a week". I've done two... in total.

As for yoga... If the teacher sucks, you're not going to get anything out of it. It's her fault the class sucks, not yoga's fault. You should feel good about quitting her class because then maybe she'll stop thinking she's Buddha's gift to yoga (or whatever, you know what I mean).

I'd do a blog too, except it would be about Mike and I'm not sure he's ready to read about how much I hate him right now. Peace out Marshizzle. I'll check you in babylon-don in a few weeks!

Jay said...

Bolster yourself, woman! Guilt is for wusses, and you're supposed to be superblackgirl, or at least that's what your blog says. Are you calling your blog a liar? Well are you, punk?

Ham said...

Sean Connory will take "Protesting Titties" for $500.

_________


On a side note - I was told today that I was too lewd. Go figure.