Men.

I don't get men. They have made themselves seem like simple creatures under a load of bs rhetoric about how confusing women are. You want to know how you can understand a woman? Talk to her. Do you know how you can understand a man? Seriously. Because if you do, please reply. I'd love to know.

Or perhaps I'm overthinking it, as many people who know me would be apt to say. Maybe I just don't want to accept that men today aren't radically different from cave men. All they want is to eat, sleep, and have sex. Actually, the cave man of the new millenium wants to watch cable and play video games too. But is that the only real difference?

Who can understand why a man who seemingly loves you is unwilling to sacrifice any of his wants and needs in favour of yours? Or one who appears to be "over" you randomly calls you? How about the married man who cheats but won't leave? The casual acquaintance who does crazy things to impress you but won't ask you out? The man of principle who turns out to be just like the rest of them? This isn't just me, people. These are the men that we all know and for some reason love.

I do love men. But I'm so tired of their mixed messages that I've contemplated making my new words to live by "Being a spinster ain't so bad". I may just embrace that, in the end. Make that my superpower.

"show me someone not full of herself and I'll show you a hungry person"
(written by the glorious nikki giovanni, embraced by sbg)

6 comments:

McKinley said...

First of all- thank the lord you wrote another blog. I was getting desperate.

Secondly, I hear ya. Men are confusing. BUT- and I hate to turn on my kind- women have got to start sticking up for them-fucking-selves. I was chillin with this guy I've been..well.. casually.. anyway, and we were talking about this girl he used to date and how she sent him an email last week saying "I never want to talk to you again" and then, low and behold, she sends him an email yesterday? Umm... make up your mind? No wonder men get away with so much shit. We let them. Either we put up with it and stop complaining, or we fucking stick to our word and really sock it to em when we say we're gonna.

McKinley said...

hold on a sec.. I don't know how to edit my last comment so I will clarify. Because men know we'll keep coming back over and over again, they carry on with their unacceptable behaviour. Wait.. Marsh.. I need to write a blog response to yours. Are you ok with this?

superblackgirl said...

Absolutely. I am a fan of both socking it to people and blog responses. go crazy.

McKinley said...

I take it back. Men are FUCKED.

Anonymous said...

men. how can you be the one person that he can talk to about anything and go to for a sense of direction, yet he still goes home with/to someone else? i have enough friends, thanks.

we need to talk!

superblackgirl said...

first: how much do i love mckinley's last comment? i love a convert. revolution!

second: bean, i miss you! i'm working on getting wireless on my laptop this weekend so we can talk on ichat. we'll hook up soon.