Coming Out

Titles are becoming a problem for me. In the spirit of what this entry is going to be about, let me share this little secret with you: I just spent 5 minutes trying to think of a title. And I do this all the time--even when I'm just sending an email. There, I said it.

A coworker showed me this blog called PostSecret... In a nutshell, people write secrets on postcards anonymously and send them to this person who posts them on a blog. There's actually a book of them too. It's a blogspot thing, if you want to look it up.

So in the spirit of that blog, I decided to write some of my secrets in this entry. It obviously isn't anonymous because to the best of my knowledge, everyone who reads this blog knows me. And given that, these are probably "secrets" I would tell you if it ever came up anyway. But at least I'm posting, dammit. Here I go:

1. Sometimes I cry when I watch "What Not To Wear". When the people are all emotional, and they talk about how the experience changed their lives and they feel better about themselves, and then they see their families and everyone is so happy, I'll actually have tears streaming down my face.

2. Since they started airing, I've taped Beverly Hills 90210 every day.

3. When the TV Guide that has the new fall lineup arrived, my eyes lit up and I clapped my hands with glee.

sidebar: I just realized that the first 3 "secrets" have all been about TV and will probably come as a surprise to NO ONE.

4. I wish I was mysterious.

5. I wear Spanx.

6. Every night when I go to bed I spend at least 15 minutes having pretend conversations with people.

7. I make up speeches in my head, like if I won an award, at my sister's wedding, and even at someone's funeral.

8. I made a CD for the car and put Kelly Clarkson's Since You Been Gone on it twice.

9. I've eaten an entire box of Kraft Dinner for dinner on more than one occasion.

10. When I first saw Tom Cruise jump on Oprah's couch, I thought it was sweet.

Well, that's it. Some of my not-so-deep dark secrets. I expect ridicule and mocking to follow in the form of comments.

Feeling exposed,
sbg

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

do you have the American Analog and acoustic versions of Since You've Been Gone? i think that remixes and unplugged editions of a guilty pleasure, such as this Kelly Clarkson hit, take the edge off having it appear twice on a mixed cd.

i like that you're blogging more frequently...

that you're dedicated and you took the time. yeah-ee-yeah, since you've been blogged.

there.
i'm out, too.
thanks.

Anonymous said...

I tried to leave a comment and then I mysteriously closed internet explorer for no reason. I guess there are some things that are still mysterious about me, then! My motivations, for example, to cancel out a perfectly good comment.

Everyone eats a whole box of kraft dinner- don't think you're special.

TV is an addiction, not unlike crack and passion flakies. (ewww.. that lame-ass attempt to be witty is recycled from my last comment that I lost due to my fear that my boss will find out I'm on blogs- well, mystery solved then.)

I'm coming home Nov 13-20.. I'll be in London quite a bit I think so I'll call you when I get home.

This sucked. But it stands.

superblackgirl said...

aha, the truth comes out. the person i got those 2 versions of kelly clarkson's song from? ms. bang herself.
and she sang it with me in the back of a cab once. badly, i might add.
and it's one of "our things". whether she wants to admit it or not. (hold me)

Anonymous said...

fyi, i sang it badly to make you look good... because that's just the kind of friend i am.

(don't touch me) *squirms*

i'm so moving on.