it's all for ME.

I was hesitant to write this blog, because I didn't want to tease everyone by posting one and then never doing another (I'm actually trying to be considerate, even though it sounds like I'm an egomaniac). But dear, sweet, wise McKinley says the blog is for me, not just everyone else. So it's all for me, and if someone out there gets a little enjoyment out of it, then I've done my bit for humanity today.

Now that I'm actually writing it, however, I have no idea what I wanted to say. I know when my sister came home this weekend there was so much classic material from my mother that I felt the urge to write a blog. My mother is a very jealous person, which is very strange to me because she totally doesn't seem like the type (i.e. when we were kids if we got into a fight with a friend or someone didn't like us, my mother would always say "don't ever let anyone think you need them more than they need you." Very comforting in elementary school). Anyway, she's going on and on about how my dad was flirting with the waitress at the breakfast place they go to on Sundays. Apparently he had the audacity to ask the waitress if she had a good trip (she went on vacation in the Caribbean) and if she was going back for Carnival. That's the story of my dad flirting with the waitress. I was like, "Wow, Dad is insatiable. You should divorce him immediately." Then she said I don't understand because, "I don't jealous people." My bad.

Lately I've been really jealous of pregnant women and mothers. It seems there's a lot of time off work associated with the two. When you find out you're pregnant, you have a zillion doctor's appointments, and apparently you just go home when they're finished instead of coming back to the office. When you're a mother, you get all of your children's sick days in addition to your own, plus you get to be late or leave for their important occasions - first day of school (drop off AND pick up), class play, first trip to the zoo. It's so much better than getting a few extra breaks because you're a smoker. Motherhood is a MUCH better excuse than "women's problems". Now if only I liked kids better than I liked cigarettes...

love your super baby-less blackgirl

0 comments: