All I want for Christmas...

... is a one-way ticket to L.A. You know how people say what they would hate about being in a warm climate over the holidays is waking up on Christmas morning and not seeing snow? Yeah, I'm not one of those people. I think I used to like Christmas, but now when I think about Christmas I think about winter and when I think about winter I get the blues. Bah humbug. I can't remember what it means, but I feel like it's what you say instead of "meh" at Christmastime.

I made a Christmas wish list this week. These are my top 3 items:

1. Winter tires
2. Remote car starter
3. Insulated boots

The rest is just fluff.

The worst thing about Christmas is how everybody else is so into it. Yesterday, December 1, the Christmas carols began on the radio. I could just tell they were like counting down the days until they could start playing The Christmas Song by Hootie and the Blowfish. Then there's S and the tree. And the stockings. And the lights. He even went and bought a tree skirt today (um... how about you buy some groceries?) Even my tv has turned against me -- my shows are either Christmas-themed or on hiatus.

Between the gift buying (which I haven't started), the party planning, the card signing and the decorating, I'm already on Christmas overload and it's only December 2nd. Can someone talk me out of my snow-covered funk? Comments are encouraged.


All I want for Christmas is global warming,
sbg

4 comments:

max said...

I have two comments:
1. it's about freaking time you blogged! something is wrong with the world when i blog more often than you.

2. bah humbug. don't look to me to talk you out of your christmas funk. i hate it even more than you do. you'll get some spirit come christmas morning whereas i will remain crusty all through the season.

oh wait there's one more:
i cannot believe s bought a tree skirt. tell him i'm very, very disappointed in him. very.

Katie O said...

The following points to help you through the season.

1. You get a considerable amount of time off work because of Christmas.
2. Time off work = time off driving.
3. You get to see me (I think that should be number one, but I know how you feel about your job and winter driving)
4. Refer to #3...need I say more?

DJ Res said...

All I can say is... Stuff white people like. Excuse me now, I have to go buy some kitchen gadgets. Hmm... maybe I can get some new corn on the cob holders. To go with my pickle picker-upper. God, I love science.

Anonymous said...

Just think of it as a countdown to Kate's 30th. After all, Christmas is really just a big birthday celebration for somebody else. Substitute him with Kate and then everywhere you go, you'll be heartened by the fact that everyone is gearing up to celebrate one of your best friends. Plus, #3 and #4 on Kate's list already imply that the world really does revolve around her.