New Life Plan, Part B

Today was Orientation #2, which was for the TV writing and producing program. This was the opportunity to meet the program directors and see who I will be wowing with my brilliance for the next 8 months (self-esteem - check). True to my word, I arrived at 8:55 am (orientation began at 9). Not late - check.

After a quick survey of the people in the room, I deduced I may be the oldest person. However, I did not wear heels (check) and therefore could not be confused with the teacher. I was also not sweaty (thanks to free trial of clinical strength deodorant, courtesy of Max).

First disturbing sight - the words "Welcome to Humber!" written on the whiteboard. Thankfully, there was only one exclamation mark. Turns out that the program directors had no idea who wrote it on the board and mocked it endlessly - check for both of them.

The orientation was amazing and though there was the distinct absence of chocolate muffins, I am getting more and more excited about this new life plan. I even managed to get a little one-on-two face time with the directors when I stayed back to read a list of shows that would suit spec scripts (brown nosing - check).

There was a barbecue after the orientation that promised food and entertainment. Food - check. Entertainment - Fail. A "DJ" was playing MC Hammer, Hammertime. Um... huh? The plus side is that the DJ was obviously my age or older. Unfortunately, by virtue of having a hotdog and diet coke, I was swarmed by bees and had to leave early. So I guess it's possible that entertainment arrived later, but if that was the preview, I probably didn't miss much. Plus I got my free bag - check.

So that's it. Day 1 of my new life plan starts next Tuesday, so stay tuned.

love sbg

P.S. Random discovery of the day - Only people who aren't fat complain about being fat. Real fat people don't bring it up in the hopes that nobody else brings it up either.

9 comments:

Katie O said...

I hope part of your new life plan is daily blog entries because I love them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

max said...

me too! your blog posts are hilarious!

Anonymous said...

DYING @ your random discovery!! LOL Too true and Too funny, I co-sign w Katie O, keep us posted w/ the life plan...

BoyWonder (even before you) said...

"Dont call it a come back, I been here for years"

...although just about peerless and these days known as the 'sucka'

Welcome back!! What I love is I can always count on you to have me reading the dictionary. Whats the head count like? Looking forward to reading more...

superblackgirl said...

if by "head count" you mean how many black people - which is the only thing I was counting - there were 2. including me. And a brown person.

Anonymous said...

If this is what you are doing in place of watching Reality TV, I'm all for it! Miss you and can't wait to keep reading about your new and exciting adventures.
Mel

Anonymous said...

I love it! But I ask you to please stop focusing on the fact that you are a mature student! Did you really go to an orientation just for "mature" students? That's crazy! You are only 27! Love your blogs! :)

Sonia

Anonymous said...

I love your blogs Marsha. Keeps me in the loop and I don't feel so left out :)
Congrats on taking this big step, I know you'll do well in whatever you choose to do.
Keep writing, we're all waiting!
xoxo
Nay

Bethie O said...

Luuuurve that you're back on the blog, back in T.O. (wish I was there!), back to school - so exciting! And your P.S. is dead-on. I think that people who aren't fat who complain about being fat do it just so that we all notice how skinny they are...as if we all didn't notice that already. :P