My weight loss "plan"

I was just about to write a very long message back to Cari from Ditch Diets (see comments on "How I got to my suicide weight" - I'm hoping it isn't spam and I will charm her into being a regular reader). My answer is long enough to be a post of its own and short enough to be written on my lunch so here it is.

The truth is Cari, I'm a bit of a superplanner. I come up with new life plans all the time. I love making plans. I'm just not so good at the execution.

But in answer to your question, every time I decide to lose weight I automatically start doing the South Beach Diet, because I did it once and it worked great. What I consistently fail to remember is that I don't know what lightning strike made me stick to it then, but it has never struck twice.

(sidebar: In case you're wondering, the one time that I stuck to South Beach was for an acquaintance's wedding where I was going to see a lot of people I hadn't seen in a long time. The motivation being that I didn't want them to talk about what a chub-a-roo I had become).

So back to the plan. Currently, I try to eat light breakfasts (yogurt with granola or eggs w/o bread) and light lunches (salad with chicken), try to only snack on fruit (a lot of people go apple-picking around here, so there's been a basket in the office for weeks), and try to work out 6 times a week (cardio x3, weight/strenth x3).

Note: Tere's been a lot more "trying" than "doing", so that's why I've lost a mere 9 pounds in 2 months.

The weight loss challenge at work is for money (every week you pay $1 for every pound you lose and $2 for every pound you gain) so I thought that would be really good motivation. Apparently it isn't as strong as what other people think of me. But I will be trying harder as the date approaches and I have less and less money. Being overweight and broke during the holidays is a recipe for you-know-what.

sbg

0 comments: