10 Things I Hate About My "Life"

1. Having to explain what I'm doing in London everytime I meet someone new or run into someone I haven't talked to in a long time.

2. Having to look for sunglasses with my mother, who picks up a thousand different versions of the exact same pair and then dismisses them all for the exact same reason.

3. My dad coming home at 6 o'clock and upon seeing me in my robe saying, "Did you just wake up?"

4. Having to dial a million numbers whenever I make a long distance call because I have to use a calling card (to avoid a dad freak-out when he sees the phone bill).

5. Having nothing to say to Steve on the phone because neither one of us has a job or a life. And yet we still call each other 5 times a day.

6. The old-school fuse box in this house where you can't tell which fuse blew, and since they're not labelled, we have to unscrew and replace every single bloody one of them to find the problem.

7. The toaster oven in this house where the on/off switch and the toast button are both broken, so we have to plug it in, then we broil the bread, then unplug it. Every single time.

8. The BASIC cable. Do you realize that I can no longer complete the TV Guide crossword? I don't even know who I am anymore.

9. The radio station that seems to only play songs by Bone Thugs-N-Harmony. Or artists that sound like Bone Thugs-N-Harmony.

10. The fact that I start another volunteer position tomorrow. I'm tutoring Grade 3 & 4 students in math. Yes, I said math. God help them.


E=MC... what now?
sbg

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh ok, teaching math are we? MATH? cripes man!

how could you do this to me? you're actually aiding it's exisitence, i hope you know. the very demon that haunts my being, Greenery... and passing this academic epidemic on to CHILDREN, no less? you're letting it win. how, pray tell, HOW are they to be our future? HOW is this teaching them well and letting them lead the way? more like WAYWARD... nice one.

you've ruined everything, you ruiner. i'm telling. i'm telling Carly Simon, right now.

Anonymous said...

p.s. (motions: call me)