the shower scene

On Saturday night the girls and I went to Robinson Hall, a club that boasts two of my favourite things about London: no cover and $4.50 drinks. Given that I'm still unemployed(!), drinks only seemed cheap for so long. After four gin & tonics (read: a half hour) I decided to use my considerable charm to score free drinks. Luckily, this club also had plenty of my third favourite thing about London: drunk white guys with cash. Needless to say, it wasn't long before I was sipping a beer. Then I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around to see none other than my old shower pal from high school. A little older, surprisingly cuter, and strangely body-hair-less. Turns out he's a male model now. Here's the history: we were good friends in grade 9 and 10, and one day when he came over I suggested we take a shower together. To this day I'm not really sure why I said it, but it was a very illicit suggestion to two 15-year-olds, and it was fraught with a lot of heavy "necking" (that's for you, reen).

I was so excited to see him (read: drunk), threw my arms around him, and promptly forgot about the boy whose drink I took (much to his chagrin, but whatevs). We started talking and soon he brought up the shower, just as I knew he would. And then, just as I knew he would, he brought up the one thing that makes the shower far less illicit then you might think: I wore my bathing suit. Now, let me explain. I was a fifteen-year-old virgin. I was going to have a shower with a boy I had never even kissed. And my boyfriend had just broken up with me because I was "square". Need I say more?

I tried to justify it ("I looked hot in that bikini") and he laughed. I tried to rationalize it ("I let you take the top off!") and he agreed. Then I pulled my trump card ("Right after that you dissed me for Ang DiVincenzo"). And he bought me a drink.

And that my friends, is how we do it in the L-dot.

Charming my way into a nice buzz,
sbg

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

firstly, thanks for the shout out. though i did not coin the phrase "necking", i do believe it is i who have revived it from it's comatose... not unlike when music enters the "retro" category it's second or third time around. please note the following phrases i will NOT be reviving: groovy, daddy-o and going-steady. use of these will result in termination of friendships immediately. ultimately, i think the word "necking" is cool, because "necking" itself never goes out of style. and should it, the end of my signature social savvy will go with it (someone please explain to me when adulthood kicks in).

secondly, as i re-read this blog entry (i read your entire blog outloud to Nikol and i couldn't get through without laughter that often lead to tears)- i was struck by the term "body-hair-less". this was of great intrigue to me. you see, my room mate uses a Jergen's brand lotion called "Naturally Smooth". it is used for deminishing hair growth when shaving (note: females are the target, if i'm not mistaken by the woman's silhouette on the bottle). now i find it odd that the words "naturally" and "smooth" are used in the same breath. if metallics do indeed come from the earth, than they, along with perhaps some rare flower petals, are indeed "naturally smooth". removal of folicles, fur or other surface growth is then "un-natural". correct? Jergen's branding is nothing but word trickery. mind-playing falsifictions. *neuroticism is both yours and my forte. this is no secret.*

my point? ah yes my point... men are stupid.
you like how that goes full-circle? yeah. me too.

now, if you'll excuse me, i have an appointment to run to. i'm getting a brazilian.

love and miss you so much Greenery.
xo. the bean. mean bean, if you will.