Being Unemployed is a Full-time Job

I've actually been too busy to write a new blog. How does that happen, you ask? I think it could be because I still think my weekends should be free of work or anything relating to work, and I just came back from a long weekend away. Yes, I felt I needed a vacation from my life of leisure.

I had a perfect T-dot day on Saturday. First, Red Room, Pad Thai and the Bean. An unbeatable combination. It was a gorgeous day so we went walking through Kensington (I almost went to a psychic, but frankly I was scared about what my future holds), and went 3/4 of the way into a zillion stores. We also hit 3 bookstores: #1, where we had Starbucks lattes and were potentially recruited for scientology (creepy guys, unexplained arm touching, lurking by the exits--what else could that be about?). #2, where we had to go to the (gasp) self-help section for the book we were looking for, and #3, where I bought a book for $1 (the good news is that I actually had a dollar).

Today was a banner day though: I actually worked. FOR MONEY. That's right, I made a whole 40 bucks today (before tax). I spent 4 hours calling people to tell them that they were getting a new financial representative. Out of the 170 calls I made, I talked to 45 people, got hung up on twice, and realized that all numbers in Chatham start with 354. So all in all I think it was a productive day. And despite my meager earnings, I've decided to look at this as the potential end of the volunteer curse. Keep your fingers crossed. And take the pins out of my voodoo doll, for God's sake.

Momma needs a new pair of shoes,
sbg

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Greenery!

firstly, the "self help" section scenario can only be explained by poor indexing on the bookstore's part *whince*. you also neglected to mention that the best part of that visit was playing with the magnet darts in the clearance section, where we were the moving targets.

re: weirdo scientology boys. no amount of "well, nice to meet you. have a great day." could shake these mo'fos. i think i said it thrice... and there they still hovered. it proved to be another moment where the "punch in the face" law should be applicable. for those unfamiliar, if you're being annoying, Greenery and i reserve the right to punch you in the face. it's now legal in most parts of North America.

also, i'd like to remind you of this convo at the vintage record shop:
The Bean: Got any Brazilian?
The "Clerk": *smirking* As in waxing? *giggles to himslef*
The Bean: Nooo. As in ON Wax.
*approving, applauding glances from dj-types flipping through crates*

i loved it too. i hope we get to play again. nothing beats ripping life apart with you over noodles and a stroll.

xoxoxo.
bean