Volunteer Extraordineer

I'm typing this from the computer lab at Fanshawe college where I am waiting for Lori to get her school work so we can go to her house and do it. Anyone who knows Lori will not be surprised that:

a) she was supposed to do this BEFORE she came to get me
b) she said it was only going to take 15 minutes (45 minutes ago)
c) she doesn't know what she's doing

So I'm on the computer msn-ing with my 11-year-old cousin who told me, when I said I was still looking for a job, that she has one. That's really fantastic. Between my cousin and Jenny's boyfriend, all the jobs all over the world should be gone by next week. The good news is that my volunteer career is really starting to take off. I have so much volunteer work I don't even have time to get paid. If I was in Toronto, I would be living in a cardboard box by now. But on the plus side, I would be ALONE in that cardboard box.

Life with my parents continues to amaze me. I don't think that writing the conversations we have would even do them justice. It's a special blend of crazy and ridiculous that just doesn't translate into the written word. Just know that I've taken to smoking in the basement again. I think I'm actually helping them because if I wasn't picking up a cigarette, I might be picking up a blunt object.

Back to my cousin: apparently, she has a website too. I told her she should write a blog on her website and everyone could log on and read about her life. It seems like she has a lot more going on than me. She'll probably get married before me. I'll probably have to ask her to bear my children because my eggs will dry up while I'm waiting to be able to afford to have a baby.

Lori's finally ready to go do her homework. By tomorrow, I will be an expert on Salvador Dali. Maybe I can get a volunteer job at a museum or something.

I'm poor but I'm kind,
sbg

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I have so much volunteer work that i don't even have time to get paid."

for crying out sakes! you know Greenery, i could read that line over and over and over again and it will never lose its lustre. i think it should be the "kitschy hook" on your cover letter. you know, like "Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Rings". yours would read, "Marsha Greene: I have so much volunteer work that i don't even have time to get paid".

what do you think?

look, this blog is frickin off the hook... or as they say, "off the hizzy". what say you to writing up that comedy script for me to perform on your behalf? oh wait... there's no money in that either. i just think there's something to this. i really, really do.

keep writing Greenery. for the love of pete. i totally dig hearing your perspective and miss how spoiled i was by it when you were on the otherside of the cube.

xo. "Rina: The Next Generation"

superblackgirl said...

"There's no money in it"?
Lucky for you, those are the magic words. Of course I'll do it.
(motion: call me)